Author Topic: [Contest Twin Suns] MvC3 and MW3 over $75 in prizes - NOW OPEN!  (Read 6013 times)

Offline EVIL CHINGACHGOOK

[Contest Twin Suns] MvC3 and MW3 over $75 in prizes - NOW OPEN!
« on: October 05, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
NOW OPEN!

NMISM has it’s very own video game table at Twin Suns. With Two XBOX’s, two Asus monitors, two controllers and MvC3 and MW3.

You can sit at the table any day of the week, for $3 dollars an hour to play.

But who wants to pay to play for something you already have in your home correct?

Its because we have a quarterly contest and prizes that can only be won at the Twin Suns location.

This quarters contest is:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 ARCADE MODE(Hard difficulty) high score wins:

•   Free Entry in our upcoming January 26th 2013 event
•   Free Entry into three of your chosen tournament games
•   $25.00 Gift Certificate to Twin Suns
•   Forever immortalized on our upcoming “Albuquerque High scores” webpage. Forever letting ABQ know you are the best

Also

Modern Warfare 3 High Score in "Stay Sharp" wins:
(From menu select "Solo Play" then "Missions" (on disk content) then "Stay Sharp"

•   Free year of XBOX live
•   $25.00 Gift Certificate to Twin Suns
•   Forever immortalized on our upcoming “Albuquerque High scores” webpage. Forever letting ABQ know you are the best

To submit your score/time upload a picture of your score/time to NMISM Facebook or Twitter, or on the forum. (picture must include the NMISM sign at the Twin suns location) OR you can have a Twin Suns employee verify your score and write it down for you.

We will continue to find unique ways to bring you contest, prizes, and to help our community grow.  If you have any ideas, suggestions to help please let us know.

Current contest ends January 15th, 2013

Current Score Board

MvC3

1St     TBD
2nd     TBD
3rd      TBD

MW3

1st     TBD
2nd    TBD
3rd     TBD
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:48:39 PM by Chingachgook »

Offline 2 Sentinels 1 Cup

• The manliest of all men
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 25
I suggest the free of year of Xbox should not be attached to such a wack game

We take all suggestions. Duly noted. :p

Offline JohnnyWalker

• Black Label
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1124
  • Likes Given: 2124

Agreed.
"We're all stories in the end." -Steven Moffat

Offline Sensei

• Sensei
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 27
Silence is golden.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Offline Fallguy

I feel like the choice of Modern Warfare somewhat misrepresents NM-ISM. As a community NM-ISM centers around fighting games and the inclusion of CoD seems confusing to me.

I suppose the argument could be made that CoD would attract a more diverse audience that we have yet to really reach. I just worry that it could lead to false assumptions about NM-ISM being some sort of FPS clan.

What if we had people do timed runs of Trial Mode or Arcade Mode in SFIV?

Edit:  That being said, I really like this idea and think it could really help the community grow in conjunction with the upcoming Ranbats season.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:27:22 PM by Fallguy »
XBL: MustacheFetish
PSN: SalsaFight

Offline Sensei

• Sensei
I feel like the choice of Modern Warfare somewhat misrepresents NM-ISM. As a community NM-ISM centers around fighting games and the inclusion of CoD seems confusing to me.

I suppose the argument could be made that CoD would attract a more diverse audience that we have yet to really reach. I just worry that could lead to false assumptions about NM-ISM being some sort of FPS clan.

What if we had people do timed runs of Trial Mode or Arcade Mode in SFIV?

*sigh* it's all you JM, it begins...
Silence is golden.

Offline 2 Sentinels 1 Cup

• The manliest of all men
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 25
Seeing how much beginners I know struggle with things like trial mode I'm not sure we should go that route. Sticking with Arcade modes seems best

Offline Fallguy

*sigh* it's all you JM, it begins...

U mad? He was inviting suggestions to improve it; that was my two cents. Unless you're capable of articulating your thoughts in a cogent and constructive manner, I think you should keep your snide (read: not witty) comments to yourself.

Offline TPA Dylan

• Thanks Chocobama
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 3645
  • Likes Given: 2312
Well for now we're going to stick with COD and Marvel because those are the only games we got with the consoles.There is going to be a suggestion box at the consoles taking suggestions on what games to run next quarter. Suggestions on here will be taken into account as well.

Great feedback Fallguy. And yea you are correct. In addition ya kinda already answered yer own question. :p

But great in identifying that issue and

I'll also expand a little bit more.

Today we are primarily FG. And knowing the love our core group has for FG it will always be a core focus. (I have some other ideas on why that is and why it probably always be to expand on, but I digress)

We do want to grow the ability to support our players more. (Support players with travel, larger prizes, etc)

But to do that we need sponsors, and having more people for sponsors to talk with increases our ability to ask more from the sponsors.

If a leader in the FPS community would take on the responsibility, like Pi has in many ways, we could grow and offer that one day in the future.

The only thing we do offer FPS fans (besides now the table) is ACE. We had over 40 (close to 50 I think) FPS players. So if the opportunity is there we would be happy to support a FPS community.(Or Madden we actually get request commonly to do both) 

And your next Idea is golden.

I think for the Q1 2013 contest at Twin Suns we will do a SFIV timed trial or arcade runs and Tekken survival mode contest. Ill check to see if we can do that.

That sounds like a blast!

Keep the great suggestions coming! :)

Offline JohnnyWalker

• Black Label
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1124
  • Likes Given: 2124
Do you even have an Xbox?

All I have is an Xbox.

EDIT: Also a TTT2 survival contest sounds awesome.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:26:43 PM by JohnnyWalker »
"We're all stories in the end." -Steven Moffat

Offline Sensei

• Sensei
U mad? He was inviting suggestions to improve it; that was my two cents. Unless you're capable of articulating your thoughts in a cogent and constructive manner, I think you should keep your snide (read: not witty) comments to yourself.

Wasn't mad, just didn't have the time to explain since I'm at work.  I was just saying that Montoya can explain, and that "it begins".  To what comment do you refer that was "snide"?
Silence is golden.

Offline Fallguy

Pre-announcement - FREE entry,FREE year of Live,2X $25.00 Gift NMISM+Twin Suns
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 07:04:27 PM »
Wasn't mad, just didn't have the time to explain since I'm at work.  I was just saying that Montoya can explain, and that "it begins".  To what comment do you refer that was "snide"?
Well, the, "it begins," part came off a bit prickish.

Offline Sensei

• Sensei
Well, the, "it begins," part came off a bit prickish.

Your post was not prickish in any way...
Silence is golden.